The Burdette
Law Firm
Lawyers: Germantown - Memphis, TN.
(901) 756-7878
in Germantown
(901) 756-6433
in Memphis

Answers to general legal questions posed by the general public

by Memphis Attorney Christina Burdette

"Q: What rights do I have as a step mother? ...

...As a step mother do I have any rights to my step son? Can I take him to the dr or go see him at school can I check him out of school, things like that? Is there any rights that I have to him like I would my own child of his father gives me permission? "

A: Your husband, the father of your step-child...

..... and the step-child's biological mother can give you a special power of attorney over minor children that can be used by you to take the child to the doctor. Your husband can authorize the school to release the child to you.

See our desktop / laptop site