The Burdette
Law Firm
Lawyers: Germantown - Memphis, TN.
(901) 756-7878
in Germantown
(901) 756-6433
in Memphis

Answers to general legal questions posed by the general public

by Memphis Attorney Christina Burdette

Q: "What kind of lawyer do I need for contempt...

...of final divorce decree in TN? Was married 21 years, I was diagnosed with a dibilitating mental disease. She has a good job making about $19/hr, we filed chapter 13 bankruptcy before she cheated on me. she asked for a divorce and had a lawyer draw up papers. It was super simple to follow. She agreed to pay the bankruptcy til the end so I could keep my boat and truck because I am on SSI. I draw $1,249/month. She had the bankruptcy lawyers send me notice that she had dismissed herself from the case. In the final divorce decree it CLEARLY STATES SHE CANT DO THAT AND IF WE HV take her to court, she must pay ALL COSTS, our lawyer, court cost, and the bill and any "punitive damages" caused. What can we file on her to take her to the cleaners and what kind of lawyer do we get? Thank you."

A: You need to hire an attorney who handles family law matters.

See our desktop / laptop site