The Burdette
Law Firm
Lawyers: Germantown - Memphis, TN.
(901) 756-7878
in Germantown
(901) 756-6433
in Memphis

Answers to general legal questions posed by the general public

by Memphis Attorney Christina Burdette

Q: Can I get an uncontested divorce for 500?

I see the signs but have yet to find an attorney. been married less than a year No children, no joint assets etc. We both agree on everything. He is willing to come and sign. I am willing to go to Shelby or tipton county if needed. or any counties in TN that are not to far from Memphis.

A: I seriously doubt that you can get an uncontested divorce for $500.

In Shelby County, Tennessee the court filing fee alone is $303.50 for a divorce without minor children. You may be able to get divorced without hiring an attorney, if you meet specific requirements. Forms are available online at

See our desktop / laptop site